Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia (TRAV), Inc. is a nonprofit organization formed to foster the concepts of therapeutic horseback riding for people with disabilities.
The Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia, Inc. (TRAV) is a non-profit organization formed to foster equine-assisted services by offering educational and networking opportunities to operating centers and to raise public awareness of the benefits of these activities to individuals with disabilities.
Therapeutic riding accreditation
The Therapeutic Riding Association of Virginia, Inc. was formed in 1986. There are currently over 24 member centers in the Commonwealth. Each operating center is a member of PATH Intl., complies with accreditation standards, and certifies their instructors through PATH Intl. TRAV individual members include program administrators, instructors, therapists, volunteers, parents, riders, and other therapeutic riding enthusiasts.
TRAV supports and promotes therapeutic horsemanship in Virginia through:
- Annual TRAV Horse Show at the Virginia Horse Center, Lexington, VA
- Instructor Initiative Scholarship
- Barbara Baird Instructor Scholarship Fund
- Moizelle Johns Competition Scholarship Fund
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Educational presentations and demonstrations
- Permanent exhibit in the Coliseum at the Virginia Horse Center
- Support of center expansion into under-served areas of the state
- Broadcast quality educational/promotional DVD
Please CLICK HERE for the recent annual report for TRAV